Please consider registering
April 17, 2014
Bouncing around some ideas for an upcoming Highlander tourney (1750 pts, no duplicate units with the exception of troops, which can have a duplicate unit after all other troops lots have been filled at least once). I want to try out the Crimson Slaughter codex, albeit loosely. Here is what I have:
-Mark of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh, Daemonheart, PF/LC, Sigil, Warlord
-Termie armor, force axe/combi-bolter, Balestar of Mannon, Sigil, mastery level 2 (Divination)
Noise Marines x10
MoS, Icon of Excess, bolters/bolt pistol, extra CC weapon, 2 Blastmasters
Champ has Doom Siren, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, Melta-bombs
MoS, Icon of Excess, Possessed Rhino with Dirge Caster and extra bolter
Chaos Spawn x5
AC, Heavy Bolters, Havoc Launcher
The plan is to throw a ton of fast units at my opponent, backed up by some juicy firepower. The warlord outflanks with the Noise Marines, while the Spawn and Possessed rumble up the field and absorb some shots. The predator adds some versatility, amplified by the relative sturdiness of vehicles in the new edition. The oblits line up with the Sorcerer and throw twin-linked shots down range and/or defent a home objective.
The possessed rhino can also stay in the backfield, depending on my opponent's firepower. This might be useful if I don't want to lose a 30 point possessed troop when it gets hungry; plus, I am light on troops, so it becomes a cheap scoring unit in its own right.
I am tempted to take the Hades Autocannon on the Drake, but I don't want to lose the bale flamer and have enough confidence in the air-to-air vector striking, despite the nerfs to the flamer template and targeting in general.
I would consider deepstriking the Oblits if I have an initial uphill battle in grabbing objectives. However, I prefer to keep them on the ground and in cover, and they are put to use almost immediately.
Most Users Ever Online: 17
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 4
Administrators: GameOn: 6
Musings by Month
Fav Gaming Blogs
- Symbiont Series Episode 23: Back to the Lab Again (Tohaa vs. Steel Phalanx | Unmasking) February 12, 2019Well it seems like I just finished my LVO Battle Reports and then I have a casual game to do too! Mondays are my local Infinity night and even though I got back late on Sunday from Las Vegas I make the trek down to the game store. My intention was just to hangout and […]
- Symbiont Series Episode 23: Back to the Lab Again (Tohaa vs. Steel Phalanx | Unmasking) February 12, 2019
- #Squaduary 2019: End of week 2 February 15, 2019At the end of Squaduary 2019 week 2 we have a lot of a progress. I know I will have missed a few people from the list below but hopefully they can let me know on this post or Twitter. I am delighted to see so many people joining in already. Of note I do […]
- #Squaduary 2019: End of week 2 February 15, 2019
- Completed Deff Dread for Dreadtober 2017 October 31, 2017Despite this being one of the busiest months I’ve had in a long while, I have managed to finish the Deff Dread for Dreadtober 2017. Adding another stomping wonder of Ork technology to my Death Skulls army. I won’t get too much into the RL issues keeping me from painting and posting. But I have […]
- Completed Deff Dread for Dreadtober 2017 October 31, 2017
- Quick post of models January 27, 2019Lots to paint up - quick list of that then a bunch of stuffs.MeNothing much - Plastic Dudesmen #5, articles, etcBuild this ad mech guy for stream paintHopefully not much else as I got most of my stuff doneGreg HMore CustodesGreg SGuard and some Thousand SonsNick RProbably GSC charactersSeanNecro-Orks - on my table as we […]
- Quick post of models January 27, 2019
- New GW Pre-Order: The Dreaded Ambull February 17, 2019Check out the newest GW pre-orders this week! Available at discounted prices with FREE shipping options from Frontline Gaming. Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress Carry Case Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress – The Dreaded Ambull And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!
- New GW Pre-Order: The Dreaded Ambull February 17, 2019
- The Cult Rises: Update 4: A Sire for Them all February 14, 2019Greetings Reader,After a week off for some work travel and also getting the chance to check out the LVO for a couple days, I'm back for another update on the Cult of the Four Armed Emperor. This journey has been amazing so far, a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has clicked in and checked […]
- The Cult Rises: Update 4: A Sire for Them all February 14, 2019
- Review: Titandeath by Guy Haley January 10, 2019The holiday season, for me, means a lot of travel, which means less hobby time, and my mother-in-law’s kitchen is not the best place to do catch-up coding for various projects […]
- Review: Titandeath by Guy Haley January 10, 2019
- Suddenly…Berzerkers! February 11, 2019Stop the press, everyone! While it’s only February, I already know that one of my favourite 2019 hobby moments has already happened. So what is this about? We are probably all familiar with very spontaneous events that just come completely out of the blue, right? Well, just the other day, I returned home to find […]
- Suddenly…Berzerkers! February 11, 2019