Please consider registering
Bouncing around some ideas for an upcoming Highlander tourney (1750 pts, no duplicate units with the exception of troops, which can have a duplicate unit after all other troops lots have been filled at least once). I want to try out the Crimson Slaughter codex, albeit loosely. Here is what I have:
-Mark of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh, Daemonheart, PF/LC, Sigil, Warlord
-Termie armor, force axe/combi-bolter, Balestar of Mannon, Sigil, mastery level 2 (Divination)
Noise Marines x10
MoS, Icon of Excess, bolters/bolt pistol, extra CC weapon, 2 Blastmasters
Champ has Doom Siren, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, Melta-bombs
MoS, Icon of Excess, Possessed Rhino with Dirge Caster and extra bolter
Chaos Spawn x5
AC, Heavy Bolters, Havoc Launcher
The plan is to throw a ton of fast units at my opponent, backed up by some juicy firepower. The warlord outflanks with the Noise Marines, while the Spawn and Possessed rumble up the field and absorb some shots. The predator adds some versatility, amplified by the relative sturdiness of vehicles in the new edition. The oblits line up with the Sorcerer and throw twin-linked shots down range and/or defent a home objective.
The possessed rhino can also stay in the backfield, depending on my opponent's firepower. This might be useful if I don't want to lose a 30 point possessed troop when it gets hungry; plus, I am light on troops, so it becomes a cheap scoring unit in its own right.
I am tempted to take the Hades Autocannon on the Drake, but I don't want to lose the bale flamer and have enough confidence in the air-to-air vector striking, despite the nerfs to the flamer template and targeting in general.
I would consider deepstriking the Oblits if I have an initial uphill battle in grabbing objectives. However, I prefer to keep them on the ground and in cover, and they are put to use almost immediately.
--=That which does not kill you only makes you laugh harder =--
Most Users Ever Online: 7
Currently Browsing this Page:
Doug Kus: 26
John Moore: 13
Roland Durendal: 4
Guest Posters: 0
Administrators: GameOn: 6
Musings by Month
Fav Gaming Blogs
- 8th Edition Thousand Sons list (pre-codex) January 15, 2018So the Thousand Sons have a codex coming next month, indeed we should have it in our hands by this time in February. As is traditional I have managed to sort out a list I wanted to build just before the codex was announced. Here is the list, pre-codex. Then once the codex is released […]
- 8th Edition Thousand Sons list (pre-codex) January 15, 2018
- Completed Deff Dread for Dreadtober 2017 October 31, 2017Despite this being one of the busiest months I’ve had in a long while, I have managed to finish the Deff Dread for Dreadtober 2017. Adding another stomping wonder of Ork technology to my Death Skulls army. I won’t get too much into the RL issues keeping me from painting and posting. But I have […]
- Completed Deff Dread for Dreadtober 2017 October 31, 2017
- Big dump of Art/Models/Etc December 22, 2017I am hoping to get a game in tomorrow - will see. I need to practice a bit for LVO - but I am waiting to see if Daemons changes it up. But before that - lets get a paint list and go from there.MeButcher Cannon Contemptor - Convert and PaintCrazy Redemptor Dreadnought into Leviathan […]
- Big dump of Art/Models/Etc December 22, 2017
- Recently Completed Commission: Alarielle the Everqueen January 16, 2018This gorgeous Alarielle the Everqueen was recently painted by the FLG Paint Studio. Consider us for your next commission! And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!
- Recently Completed Commission: Alarielle the Everqueen January 16, 2018
- Facing The Grey Tide Podcast - Episode 62: Hobby Talk for 2018 January 10, 2018What is up Everyone? This week Chandler and Bryan sit down to talk quickly about their goals with the hobby for the next year. Bryan talks about his new color scheme, and Chandler talks about some of the realizations he had about the hobby. Both discuss how they plan to approach painting in the new […]
- Facing The Grey Tide Podcast - Episode 62: Hobby Talk for 2018 January 10, 2018
- Gauging the Community: A Cautionary Note on Surveys January 3, 2018There are a number of surveys that have gone around, including one from Games Workshop. In the coming days, I expect these to be trotted out to add an air of […]
- Gauging the Community: A Cautionary Note on Surveys January 3, 2018
- The 2017 Eternal Hunt Awards, pt. 1: A look back at my hobby year December 24, 2017Once again, welcome everyone to the 2017 Eternal Hunts Awards, my blog’s annual feature to analyse the past year’s great – and not so great – hobby moments, pick my favourite (and least favourite) models from GW’s slew of releases and single out some of the most spectacular hobby work I’ve seen online. So let’s […]
- The 2017 Eternal Hunt Awards, pt. 1: A look back at my hobby year December 24, 2017