Crimson Slaughter 1750 - Highlander format | Armies | Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Crimson Slaughter 1750 - Highlander format
June 4, 2014
3:33 pm
Doug Kus
Members
Forum Posts: 26
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Bouncing around some ideas for an upcoming Highlander tourney (1750 pts, no duplicate units with the exception of troops, which can have a duplicate unit after all other troops lots have been filled at least once). I want to try out the Crimson Slaughter codex, albeit loosely. Here is what I have:

Chaos Lord
-Mark of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh, Daemonheart, PF/LC, Sigil, Warlord

Sorcerer
-Termie armor, force axe/combi-bolter, Balestar of Mannon, Sigil, mastery level 2 (Divination)

Noise Marines x10
MoS, Icon of Excess, bolters/bolt pistol, extra CC weapon, 2 Blastmasters
Champ has Doom Siren, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, Melta-bombs

Possessed x9
MoS, Icon of Excess, Possessed Rhino with Dirge Caster and extra bolter

Chaos Spawn x5
MoN

Heldrake
Bale Flamer

Obliterators x3
MoN

Predator
AC, Heavy Bolters, Havoc Launcher

The plan is to throw a ton of fast units at my opponent, backed up by some juicy firepower. The warlord outflanks with the Noise Marines, while the Spawn and Possessed rumble up the field and absorb some shots. The predator adds some versatility, amplified by the relative sturdiness of vehicles in the new edition. The oblits line up with the Sorcerer and throw twin-linked shots down range and/or defent a home objective.

The possessed rhino can also stay in the backfield, depending on my opponent's firepower. This might be useful if I don't want to lose a 30 point possessed troop when it gets hungry; plus, I am light on troops, so it becomes a cheap scoring unit in its own right.

I am tempted to take the Hades Autocannon on the Drake, but I don't want to lose the bale flamer and have enough confidence in the air-to-air vector striking, despite the nerfs to the flamer template and targeting in general.

I would consider deepstriking the Oblits if I have an initial uphill battle in grabbing objectives. However, I prefer to keep them on the ground and in cover, and they are put to use almost immediately.

--=That which does not kill you only makes you laugh harder =--

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 7

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Doug Kus: 26

John Moore: 13

Asmodai: 7

Roland Durendal: 4